Software QA Engineer (gn*)
BCT Technology is looking to hire an experienced multi-disciplinary developer possessing a strong testing culture and excellent problem solving skills. You will support the rest of the development team to improve their testing procedures and you will also provide technical insights to our customer support team, for reactive as well as pro-active troubleshooting and bug triage. This role is ideal for you, if you are willing to be instrumental in increasing the quality of our software solutions.
- Excellent level in C++ (working knowledge of Qt is a plus)
- Proficiency with software testing methodologies and tools
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux platform and debugging tools
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to understand and work within complex environments
- Ability to work autonomously and have a strong sense of self-motivation
- Ability to propose innovative solutions and be able to realize them
- Solid knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (SCSS), web testing tools and methods
- Experience with software diagnostic tools, code health monitoring tools
- Experience with working in a Scrum (agile) environment
As QA software engineer you will have the responsibility to identify opportunities to improve the quality of BCT software solutions in all stages of development and deployment, and contribute to make it happen.
You will empower our support with tools and techniques for providing better and faster customer support in case of incidents, assist to the preparation of high-quality bug reports and do initial assessments of the root cause, in order to enable the developer teams to work on the issues more effectively. You will actively contribute to and curate our troubleshooting knowledge base.
You will also develop pro-active troubleshooting measures, writing blueprints with identified failure points and their corresponding symptoms and workarounds. This can evolve into building custom diagnostic tools.
Last but not least, you will assist our Scrum teams to write functional tests and enable new testing scenarios by developing the sometimes challenging test fixtures. You will also help to move our development practice towards Acceptance test–driven development, work on automating more of the manual pre-release test, and curate our CI environment for regression testing.
Working at BCT
Approximately 12 developers are currently working on the development of BCT software on a daily basis, contributing to the success of our company. The department is composed of an international team from all over the world. Developers all have laptop workstations equipped with modern and powerful hardware. The teams develops according to the agile development method "Scrum" and heavily leverage the use of modern application lifecycle management systems, continuous integration, automatic verification and rapid deployment.
We develop and design software that connects to and works with the Siemens Digital Enterprise Software Suite. This platform is currently mainly used by companies in the manufacturing industry.
We have several agile software development teams that are currently tackling new and challenging projects related to an exciting new area of the Siemens Teamcenter PLM software.
"In BCT software development, I can work on different exciting tasks on a daily basis, and even after ten years, working in our team is still a lot of fun."
Gabriele Schulz, Senior Software Developer at BCT
- Flexible working hours as well as the possibility of home office
- An on-site restaurant and a contribution to cost of lunch
- A friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams
- Attractive remuneration and participation in success
- Individual training measures to support professional and personal development
- Future-proof jobs, as a partner of Siemens PLM Software and a member of the successful company group Badische Stahlwerke GmbH
- Modern workplaces and a beautiful working environment (tennis court, seats at the pond - a total area of 15,000 m²)
Come and develop the technology of tomorrow with us!
We look forward to receiving your application!
BCT Technology AG
Im Lossenfeld 9
BCT Technology AG is a recognized and successful provider of software, systems and services within Siemens' digitization strategy. As a long-standing development and sales partner of Siemens PLM Software, BCT is dedicated to topics such as industry 4.0 and Internet of Things.
Do you have questions or need detailed information?
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tel.: +49 7852 996-226
BCT Technology AG
Im Lossenfeld 9