How to speed up quality planning using Model Based Definition
From 2D drawings to 3D models
Since most companies use the 3D model not only in product development, but also in manufacturing and assembly department, one would assume that they already said goodbye to classic 2D drawings. Nevertheless, most companies create drawings after all. However, why are drawings still in use?
A common reason is the additional information that is still not completely stored in the 3D model today. In the product development process, however, a large number of these data are generated, which contain elementary knowledge for the continuous improvement of product and process quality.
Business processes therefore have to change significantly, especially in the area of manufacturing, in order to pave the way for digitalization. The better integration of the quality process, which is usually characterized by system and media discontinuities, is of particular importance.
BCT Inspector offers a solution that facilitates the extraction of valuable knowledge by helping to generate quality-relevant characteristics data.
Using the tool, unique (critical) characteristics of a part can be identified, labeled and extracted. The ballooning process can be carried out on the basis of both 2D data and 3D model information. The integration of both 2D data and 3D model information allows a smooth migration without data loss from a drawing oriented working to a future completely 3D model oriented data processing for quality management.
Get an overview of BCT Inspector and register now for our free webinar.
- Automated generation of characteristics list (also in the background) → Reduced time effort up to 60 to 80 % compared to manual capturing of data
- Free definable export of inspection and change reports (also graphical comparison of model and drawing changes)
- Automatic transfer of design changes
- Seamless transfer of characteristic data to QMS Professional
- Consistency of quality processes
- Prevent media disruptions through digitalization
- Better time to market
- Cost and error reduction