Quality Assurance in the Design Process Process-Consistent Quality Saves Time and Money
For companies in high-wage countries quality is an important competitive factor.
Quality requirements increase consistently. Customers are becoming more and more demanding and legal standards are getting stricter.
According to the rule of ten for quality costs, the costs increase tenfold in every phase of the product lifecycle. The reduction of quality costs and the prevention of quality deviations in manufacturing is a top priority in all industries. The prerequisite is a better integration of the quality process, which is usually characterized by system and media discontinuities.
Many quality specifications for manufacturing are determined
in product design. In order to be able to use this quality data consistently throughout the process, it must be possible to:
- automatically extract it from CAD models and drawings,
- make it available to other departments or suppliers in a CAD neutral format,
- manage and revise the quality data in a PLM system.
This becomes possible by using the Quality Management tool BCT Inspector. Discover in this webinar how the solution enables you to capture quality relevant data, to make the data available in the quality process, to better integrate suppliers into the quality process and to document the compliance with quality specifications.
Get an overview of BCT Inspector and register now for our free webinar.
For the engineering department:
- Easy control and creating change documentations of changes over several parts revisions
- No additional workload as feature identification can take place in the background (for example, during the release)
For quality assurance:
- reducing workload and errors revenue through automatic detection of characteristic data from drawings and PMI models
- Free definable export of inspection and change reports
- Automatic transfer of design changes
For the company:
- Avoiding failure costs through early identification of errors
- Reduction of inspection times and hence faster time-to-market
- Automated extraction of (critical) characteristics from drawings and PMI information and providing them throughout the company for manufacturing and quality departments.
- Generation of inspection reports from JT-PMI models and drawings, according to standards (e.g. AS9102).
- Fast and precise traceability of all engineering changes
- Better collaboration between OEMs and suppliers
New dates will soon be available. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.