Product Data Management
Product data management (PDM) is the use of software to manage product data and process-related information in a single, central system. This information includes computer-aided design (CAD) data, models, parts information, manufacturing instructions, requirements, notes and documents. The ideal PDM system is accessible by multiple applications and multiple teams across an organization, and supports business-specific needs. Choosing the right PDM software can provide a company in any industry with a solid foundation that can be easily expanded into a full product lifecycle management (PLM) platform.
At its core, a PDM system provides solutions for secure data management, process enablement, and configuration management.
Benefits of PDM
People who benefit from the knowledge management and reporting capabilities of PDM systems include project managers, engineers, sales people, buyers, and quality assurance teams. PDM systems allow companies to:
- Find the correct data quickly
- Improve productivity and reduce cycle time
- Reduce development errors and costs
- Improve value chain orchestration
- Meet business and regulatory requirements
- Optimize operational resources
- Facilitate collaboration between global teams
- Provide the visibility needed for better business decision-making
Teamcenter connects people throughout the product lifecycle with a single source of product and process knowledge.
Do you have questions or need detailed information?
Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, email or with the contact form below.
Mrs. Jasmin Meier
Tel: +49 7852 996-253