Analyzing and reducing geometric duplicates
Use Geolus 3D Analysis Tools for part standardization within BCT aClass and Teamcenter
Increasing demands of customers for individual, high-quality products make it difficult to comply with standards, to keep the amount of data at a minimum level and at the same time to manage and structure data efficiently in product development.
As a partner of Siemens PLM Software, we can resort to many years of experience in standardization and classification. We help you to get a better grip on your wide range of variants.
The elimination of geometric duplicates plays an important role in that direction
and can achieve significant short-term cost savings.
Here is how this works:
1. Using the Geolus analysis tools, create a recapitulatory report, which identifies any geometric duplicates in your system and lists these in a text file.
2. View items of this report in BCT aClass, in order to retrieve additional information from Teamcenter:
- preview images
- part usage
- item attributes, e.g. material information
- and further information
3. Analyze the identity groups in BCT aClass.
The following video shows you how to display the results from the Geolus report in BCT aClass:
4. Analyze and reassess your part inventory, build and fill a classification, trace the parts’ quality and timeliness throughout the complete lifecycle and monitor the evolution of variant diversity using BCT aClass functionalities:
- analysis & comparison
- setting a usability status
- opening in a CAD system
Geolus Analysis Tools:
- Identity report lists all geometric duplicates in a text file
- Teamcenter Add-On for classification and standardization
Geolus Pilot Project
With our Geolus pilot project we offer you the complete installation and implementation of BCT aClass and Geolus. And this all with little effort, in a short time.
This will allow you to quickly eliminate geometrically identical parts.
Also view our factsheet.
Interested? Do not hesitate to contact us.
about BCT aClass
Blog Article - Geometric Search
Whitepaper Five Ways Shape Search
Geolus Pilot Project - with minimal effort, quickly integrated
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!