Quality Assurance with Polarion® QA™
Design, coordinate, and track all your test management activities in a single, collaborative QA environment
Leverage the flexibility of our unified testing platform for any type of testing methodology, tool and team. Small groups benefit from rapid team organization in one environment. Quickly start projects with pre-defined templates that are process light and customizable.
Enterprise QA departments can run unlimited number of projects adhering to very structured testing cycles, combined with a diverse ecosystem of both automated and manual testing activities, while keeping everything in synch and fully traceable.
Quickly meet all test management needs, while centralizing every testing activity in one central repository with multi-directional traceability to assure quality.
Immediate Benefits and Value
- Build traceability from requirements to test verification
- Leverage your existing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Runs
- Jump start your projects with ready to use templates
- Re-use Test Cases with Parametric values
- Easily manage all defects, issues and enhancements from one platform
- Seamlessly unify with legacy test automation tools and processes
- Reduced cost of ownership with flexible licensing and support
Find out more about the numerous benefits for the various topics:
Collaboration, Traceability and Workflow - 3 core principles
- Facilitate synchronicity and easy access via 100% Browser-Based Access to All Polarion Data.
- Enable real-time communication between Analysts, Engineers, QA Members and DevOps Teams etc. via threaded discussions, wikis, notifications, alerts & more.
- Pass any audit, compliance, or regulatory inspection with traceability that is easily implemented and guaranteed via automatic change control of every requirement.
- Manage work items and documents via workflows that enforce how and when they move from state to state based on definable rules, with full audit trails, electronic signature and security.
- Time Machine – Browse, search and report any historical state of your project just like you do the current state.
- Use Native Clustering For Load Balancing and Failover Strategies.
- Leverage Out-Of-The-Box Integrations and Open APIs to Extend Functionality.
Manage all testing activities from a central platform
- Create test cases & easily link them to their corresponding work items such as requirements, change requests, other test cases, source code lines etc.
- Parameterize your test steps to separate multiple test specifications and test items configurations so you can execute the same procedure several times to fully cover your complex test conditions.
- Automatically create defect reports and tasks for developers based on test failures to shorten the fix time.
- Bi-directional synchronization of Test Cases between MS Excel and Polarion.
- Automated Test Case is a "first-class citizen": integrate with 3rd party test automation tools via Open API, auto-run via Builds, import-ready for any test results in xUnit file format.
- Execute test cases with online test execution panel or offline by exporting to MS Excel and importing test results back.
- Build traceability from requirements not just to test cases but individual test records.
- Accurately and consistently automate verification and verification tasks with electronic signatures.
- Polarion’s HP QC Connector - Seamless integration with HP Quality Center for test management offline execution.
Track all possible and reported failures.
Plan and assign tasks to mitigate risk.
- Fully featured tracker to manage any kind of work items: issues, tasks, defects.
- Track issues automatically on any test failure: no matter if test is manual or automated, performed in Polarion or in a third-party tool - ensure the issue is tracked immediately for all activities.
- Assign issues automatically based on classification type (category, severity, component, etc.).
- Analyze the quality of the requirements by measuring the number of issues and change requests linked to requirements.
- Identify all possible failures, risks, harms and hazards, and plan and assign tasks to mitigate the potential risk.
- Project templates (fully customizable) provide you with capabilities to manage potential risks, following the standard Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) approach, saving you time when creating risk assessment for new projects.
- Reduce risk of critical bugs being untested before released into the field.
Effectively gather, author, approve and manage requirements
and test specifications
- An exclusive innovation, Polarion LiveDocs, enables you to collaborate concurrently and securely on specification documents while having every single paragraph uniquely identifiable and traceable.
- All the requirement specification documents are instantly exposed to all stakeholders - for review, approval, or development.
- Easily import existing assets using the rule-based Import Wizard. It recognizes artifacts like requirements, test cases, etc. contained in Microsoft® Word or Excel® and quickly imports them to our modern, browser-based platform.
- Document Round-trip - Export for offline collaboration so changes made outside of Polarion can be imported back seamlessly.
- Built-in ReqIF enables lossless requirements and test case specifications exchange with customers and suppliers.
- Invite and require stakeholders to electronically sign the specification documents as reviewed or approved before they can be released to production.
- Unified solution for Test and Requirements allows you to build test cases in parallel with requirements.
Understand the "Who, What, When and Why" of any changes
- Every artifact - System Test Specification, Verification Procedures, Test Plans and Tasks - everything is versioned, so every modification produces Version History Record.
- The project and global configuration also is versioned, which gives you full auditability and visibility of your process configuration and improvements.
- Bring sanity and accountability to the process of gathering,vetting, and implementing the inevitable change requeststhat happen during every project.
- Verify that the final delivered software has all of the planned enhancements that are supposed to be included in the release by full traceability of every source code modification up to the change request.
- Polarion supports SVN & GIT out of the box, others (Perforce, Plastic SCM, etc.) via add-ons.
Manage risk better by catching problems earlier in the lifecycle
- View any report online, real-time, including with mobile devices or export to pdf for offline access.
- Easily create your own reports with Online WYSIWYGReport Designer.
- Open report from any historical moment with exclusive “Time Machine” functionality.
- Run reports across multiple projects to help coordinate activities across disparate teams, and use BIRT for reporting across multiple data sources.
- Automate event monitoring and change notifications plus push important information to collaborators via "My Polarion" dashboards.
- Assess the performance of your project in real-time: live, always up-to-date, and fully configurable to your needs.
- Ensure your code meets metrics for security, reliability &maintainability with status source code analysis.
- Extend the reporting capabilities by in-place scripting with full access to Open API or deploy your own custom widgets.
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!