Requirements Management with Polarion® REQUIREMENTS™
Effectively gather, author, approve and manage requirements for complex systems across entire project lifecycles.
Polarion REQUIREMENTS is designed from the ground for highly effective, transparent and secure collaboration, while teams have the option to work in their familiar environments.
An exclusive innovation you won’t find elsewhere, Polarion LiveDoc™ - online structured specification documents, are fast becoming the way companies of all sizes gather, author, approve, validate, and manage requirements.
Grow into Polarion’s Test Management and/or enterprise ALM solutions that seamlessly tie in with your requirements data. Just add licenses to your installation - nothing to install or integrate.
Immediate Benefits and Value
- Accelerate collaboration with 100% browser-based access and concurrent editing of specification documents
- Easily Import and parse existing Microsoft Office documents. Export for offline collaboration so changes made outside of Polarion can be imported back seamlessly
- Pass any audit, compliance, or regulatory inspection with traceability that is easily implemented and guaranteed via automatic change control
- Invite and require stakeholders to electronically sign the specification documents as reviewed or approved before they can be released to production
- Live Branches and Document Reuse let you manage commonalities in your products without copy and paste
Find out more about the numerous benefits for the various topics:
Collaboration, Traceability and Workflow - 3 core principles
- Facilitate synchronicity and easy access via 100% Browser-Based Access to All Polarion Data.
- Enable real-time communication between Analysts, Engineers, QA Members and DevOps Teams etc. via threaded discussions, wikis, notifications, alerts & more.
- Pass any audit, compliance, or regulatory inspection with traceability that is easily implemented and guaranteed via automatic change control of every requirement.
- Manage work items and documents via workflows that enforce how and when they move from state to state, based on definable rules, with full audit trails, electronic signature and security.
- Time Machine – Browse, search and report any historical state of your project just like you do the current state.
- Use Native Clustering For Load Balancing and Failover Strategies.
- Leverage Out-Of-The-Box Integrations and Open APIs to Extend Functionality.
Enjoy patented LiveDoc™ functionality and “Easy-As-Word” authoring and real-time collaboration
- An exclusive innovation, Polarion LiveDocs, enables you to collaborate concurrently and securely on specification documents with having every single paragraph uniquely identifiable and traceable.
- All the requirement specification documents are instantly exposed to all other ALM stakeholders - for review, approval or development.
- Easily import existing assets using the rule-based Import Wizard. It recognizes artefacts like requirements, test cases, etc. contained in Microsoft®Word or Excel® and quickly imports them to our modern, browser-based platform.
- Document Round-trip - Export for offline collaboration so changes made outside of Polarion can be imported back seamlessly.
- Built-in ReqIF enables lossless requirements and test case specifications exchange with customers and suppliers.
- Invite and require stakeholders to electronically sign the specification documents as reviewed or approved before they can be released to production.
- Unified solution for Test and Requirements allows you to build test cases in parallel with requirements.
Reuse or branch your requirements for effective sequential or parallel project or product line development
- Save time on managing isolated copies of your documents - no copy/paste on every change of your common specification.
- Share regulatory requirements across your projects as Polarion Derived Documents so you can distribute their updates on demand easily
- Branch specification documents to effectively manage commonalities between your products, and still be able to track the product-specific requirements.
- Distribute changes from master specifications to branched document without copy/paste instantly or on demand for more granular and manual change request distribution.
Understand the "Who, What, When and Why" of any changes
- Every artifact - System Requirements Specifications, Verification Procedures, Project Plans and Tasks - simply everything is stored in version control repositories and so every modification produces Version History Record.
- The project and global configuration are being versioned as well, which gives you full auditability and visibility of to your process configuration and improvements.
- Bring sanity and accountability to the process of gathering, vetting, and implementing the inevitable change requests that happen during every project.
- Verify that the final delivered software has all of the planned enhancements that are supposed to be included in the release by full traceability of every source code modification up to the change request.
- Polarion supports SVN & GIT out of the box, others (Perforce, Plastic SCM, etc.) via add-ons.
Manage risk better by catching problems earlier in the lifecycle
- View any report online, real-time, including with mobile devices or export to pdf for offline access.
- Easily create your own reports with Online WYSIWYG Report Designer.
- Open report from any historical moment with exclusive “Time Machine” functionality.
- Run reports across multiple projects to help coordinate activities across disparate teams, and use BIRT for reporting across multiple data sources.
- Automate event monitoring and change notifications plus push important information to collaborators via "My Polarion" dashboards.
- Assess the performance of your project in real time: live, always up-to-date fully configurable to your needs.
- Ensure your code meets metrics for security, reliability & maintainability with status source code analysis.
- Extend the reporting capabilities by inplace scripting with full access to Open API or deploy your own custom widgets.
Out of the box integrations with popular tools: Free, open APIs let you build your own apps and extensions
- Polarion Connector for Matlab Simulink - link Simulink models and Stateflow charts with Polarion Work Items.
- Polarion Connector for Microsoft TFS - bring Product and Project Management teams in the loop with their Development Counterparts that use Microsoft TFS.
- Polarion Connector for HP QC - Seamless integration with HP Quality Center used for test management
- Polarion Connector for Jira -Seamless integration with Atlassian JIRA used for issue tracking.
- Custom Connectors - Built on open standards, our Professional Services or your team can build you custom integrations with other complimentary 3rd-party solutions.
- Java Open API and Web Services API - Leverage the Polarion API and build your own extension/integration.
- Extensions Platform - Leverage the skills of the entire Community: 10.000 members, 150 extensions.
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!