Teamcenter Active Workspace 4.0 Enhancements, Part 4
Active Workspace is an innovative interface for Teamcenter that provides you with a streamlined and intuitive product lifecycle management (PLM) user experience. It literally puts PLM at your fingertips.
In this article, we will present the enhancements in Teamcenter Active Workspace 4.0.
Read the various new features in the field of "Visualization" by clicking on the various sections:
Client Side Rendering
Uses WebGL in the browser to render graphics, limits the requirement for a server side GPU to view structures and larger models
- Available to view JT files in the universal viewer
- No network traffic for view navigation, e.g. zoom, pan, rotate
- More responsive and less latency sensitive
No server side graphics card required
- Continues to require high end servers for JT loading
- Customers are likely to be able to use standard application server hardware, e.g. what is used for TcServers
Coexists with server side rendering
- Same server code supports both
Client Side vs. Server Side Rendering
Server Side Rendering
Client Side Rendering
NVIDIA P40 Certification
Certified P40 NVidia Grid Graphics Cards for better performance and scalability for server side rendering
- Supported cards now include the NVidia K1, K2, M60 and P40
- P40 performs up to 2x faster with up to 3x the frame buffer of the M60
- The P40 can support 2-3x as many Active Workspace Visualization users as the M60
Vis service levels
- Active Workspace Visualization Panels and Pages will only present UI that would access features covered by the Visualization Service Level assigned to the user
- Customers that have been using Standard features will need to make sure that they have Standard licenses for all users accessing those features
Visualization service levels assigned to the user
- As with the base licensing level, administrators assign the license level on the user in the organization or with the make_user utility
- Base license levels include Author, Consumer, Occasional User
- Visualization licenses levels include Base, Standard, Professional, and Mockup
- Defaults to base if not assigned
The PDM software tools from BCT support working with Teamcenter Active Workspace.
More: PDM Add-Ons in Teamcenter Active Workspace
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!