Teamcenter Project Management Management of Project Plans with Teamcenter
Teamcenter Project Management uses the advantages of an integrated system: generation, management, control of project plans with all necessary tools for project management in direct context with the data, that is generated during the progress of the project and that are relevant for the success of a project.
Reasons for managing project plans in Teamcenter are:
- Development of complex products in heterogenous organizations
- Planning and management of project plans across several teams
- Aviodance of bottlenecks and project chaos
- Compliance with cost specifications and efficiency goals
- Realtime evaluation of the project status to ensure transparency for management
- Management of parallel running projects
Some of the functionalities and components of Teamcenter Project Management are:
- Integrated project/schedule management with Teamcenter
- Generation, management, update and viewing of project plans
- Tasks, milestones, dependencies (also graphical with Gantt diagrams)
- Project plan templates, basic plan management with target-performance comparison
- Resource management for users, groups and skills
- Calender management for organisations, resources and time schedules
- Basis time schedule with target-performance comparison, notification rules
- Multi-project management, concurrent management of multiple project
plans in context (control of milestones, stage/gate model)
- Project costs and ratio calculation
- Mode for delayed work/update, backward scheduling
- Time recording through feedback of actual work on tasks
- Microsoft® Project import/export
- Usage and expansion of Teamcenter user organization
- Complete integration in Teamcenter Workflow Management (e.g. Launching of Teamcenter Workflows from the project plan with feedback and linked Teamcenter documents)
- Production of direct references to engineering data without redundancies
- Automatic generation of project relevant documentation templates
- Optional: Management reports for project monitoring/control based on BCT BI-Reports.
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!