Teamcenter Workflow Features
Processes can be standardized, automated and visualized using workflows in Teamcenter. For this, there are many options available to map the processes accordingly. Below some interesting applications are demonstrated.
"Non-linear" workflows – Feedback Loops
- for tasks with two defined paths, user will be presented with two signoff options: complete and unable to complete
- for tasks with only a single exit path defined, complete will be the only signoff option
"Non-linear" workflows - Non-binary task outcomes
- Workflow designer can add custom signoff values (not limited to two values)
- System regcognizes when multiple / custom values are possible
- User selects from allowed outcomes
"Non-linear" workflows - Automatic and manual condition tasks allow non-binary and custom outcomes
- The example flow shows 3 custom outcomes for a manual condition task
- Upon selection of "Production" as the intended use of the object being evaluated, it's sent down the appropriate way
Visualization of Parent/Sub-Workflows
Subprocesses are workflow processes associated with a parent workflow process. This information will be pictured in the workflow viewer/designer.
Info: If there is an association between the parent process and subprocess, but not a dependency, the parent process may complete before the subprocess completes. If the parent process is dependent on the subprocess, the parent process cannot complete until the subprocess completes.
Asynchronous Workflow Processing
Historically workflow actions are processed synchronously in the user’s session. In some cases there may be time consuming handler processing that takes several minutes to complete, meanwhile the users client will be blocked until its finished.
- Allows workflow actions to be processes in background which frees the client to work on something else - Client not waiting
- Ensures that any errors will continue to be communicated back to the user - asynchronous error handling
- The asynchronous processing of workflow operations is configurable with the preference "EPM_task_execution_mode"
- Notifications - User will also see a trailing "background processing" icon next to the task in their worklist
Process History View
In Teamcenter RichClient it's possible now to display the history without opening the workflow viewer.
- New optional view displayed in any perspective via the Window -> Show View -> Process History menu option
- Consolidated report on schedule and workflow details, not just the latest but all and default sorted by action date so we see the detail in chronological order.
To ensure that processes in Teamcenter run properly, a sufficient data quality is required.
Read our article about the solution BCT CheckIt: Ensuring error-free workflow runs in Teamcenter.
Do you have further questions regarding this topic?
We invite you to an active exchange with other users... Join our LinkedIn Group!